Pages

Saturday 14 April 2012

Back to relative normality



Home again after a five night jolly to Vegas. Wow! what a place! We went to Vegas primarily to surprise my brother and his wife who were there to meet up with my niece and her partner, who was celebrating his 40th birthday. Arrived last Sunday only to find neither cell phone would work in the states! Wandered down into the hotel lobby only to bump into them. My brothers face was priceless! He was speechless for some minutes, trying to get his head around the situation. We had both spoken to my sister in law on Facebook in the previous days, asking benial holiday questions which did feel a bit deceitful.

Vegas was great fun for the few days we were there. Met up every evening for supper which was great (really appreciate family in a way I didn't before). Took a trip to the Hoover Dam on Wednesday and flew back to Victoria on Thursday. Caught up with friends in Victoria on Thursday evening and took a scenic and leisurely drive back yesterday. Nice to get away just for a few days, enjoy the company and the sunshine. Time to buckle down in the garden. Realised it is only 7 weeks until we go back to England for a visit which should be fun (I am having my doubts as I haven't set foot in the motherland for almost three years!!!). Must dash...the sun is shining and an unfinished fence is calling. Laters!

No comments:

Post a Comment